Saturday, December 25, 2010

Stone Lamp

                                                                                   

I finished the new Stonescape Lamp for my brother but forgot to take a picture at mom and dads with the Northwest Salmon Shade and a trout pullchain I had purchased.  The pictures above I took at my place before I picked up the salmon shade on the way up north - they are of the lamp with an elk shade I brought up too - just in case he didn't like the salmon shade.  I had made a pull chain out of a crawdad lure but he still liked the trout pull better with the lamp - hey, I even removed the hooks - huh, go figure.  He said he liked the lamp and also said it would go good with the glass salmons he has on his mantel that he had bought at Portland's Saturday Market - I haven't seen those yet.  I asked him to take a picture of both and send them down.

It was great seeing everyone. With all the people in the house - it was roasting. Dad is turning 80 on the 30th and he is never warm enough anymore.  I decided to get out of the house to cool down and go to 7-11 and get a slurpee. My youngest neice yelled out she wanted to go too. On the way there she hinted - not too subtly - that she wanted to try driving a stick shift car - which, coincidentally I was driving at the time. (Her older sister got a car financed for her for Christmas). We got a couple slurpees and some zotts for her and on the way back I stopped in a big empty parking lot off of TV Hwy and she got to drive a stick shift car for the first time, she's twelve. I remember trying my first stick shift on a truck in the middle of a field on the Fanno's farm - she did better than me.  I held her slurpee and she was laughing after a while - she noticed I had sucked down most of her slurpee. I must have been a little nervous. We had some good laughs. Thinking back it did taste funny. She mixes cherry and coke - what do twelve year olds know (actually, I did that too when I was younger).

4 comments:

Home on the Range said...

OK, that's totally cool.

Ed said...

Yep, I like that one too. I think next weekend I am going to go down to the coast - Florence and then south and look for some more driftwood - the price is right, ok, I want to walk on the beach and get a seafood lunch too. I haven't been south of Florence on the coast and I want to check out some woodwork shops around the area too. I still have a couple of those elk shades left and want to make a lamp for me too.

Ed said...

....and again, I did not make the shade. I will have to try making a shade sometime - to me that's what makes a lamp shine - well that and the bulb.

Ed said...

....and thanks Brigid.